Piping Estimator, Heavy Industrial Construction
|Title:||Piping Estimator, Heavy Industrial Construction|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Southern, Inc.|
|Location:||Atlanta, GA (Kennesaw)|
|Job Function:||Estimating and/or Precon|
As a Piping Estimator with Graycor Southern, Inc., a Graycor Family Company, you will assist the proposal development process from start to finish and will have broad influence leading-up to the initiation of work in the field. This role will focus on estimating mechanical piping installation to support projects within the heavy industrial sector including coal/fossil and gas fired generation, refineries and chemical plants.
With Graycor Southern, Inc., You Will Have the Opportunity to:
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Develop a complete Mechanical estimate inclusive of shop fabrication, pipe erection, equipment setting, and instrumentation based on the Request for Proposal Documents.
- Quantify project quantities using on screen and manual take off tools.
- Assemble estimates into project estimates for intermediary budgeting and bid day submittals.
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings / Site Visits to evaluate constructability, site conditions, and factors that could impact labor productivities.
- Develop a complete labor and material estimate inclusive of general conditions (ie staff, equipment, consumables, etc.) inclusive of labor productivities and installation schemes.
- Interface with Rigging Engineer to develop crane requirements
- Interface with Scheduling Engineer to develop “waterfall” logic and support resource loading of the proposal schedule.
- Interface with in-house Procurement or outside vendors to obtain subcontractor proposal or commodity pricing.
- Issue Subcontracts and / or Purchase Orders to support the sourcing requirements of a project.
- Support Work Package development and their transition to the Project Team
- Perform constructability reviews, develop and / or analyze budgets and project costs.
- Understand and abide by Company’s Estimating Best Practices and Quality Program Requirements.
Why Build at Graycor Southern, Inc.?
- Must have 4-year degree in engineering or construction management degree or equivalent and experience.
- 1-3 years’ minimum experience estimating mechanical piping projects. Experience in heavy mechanical capital projects, outages and/or turnaround environments, or Central Plant in a union environment is preferred. Experience in estimating civil, structural steel, boilermaker, or other related field is a plus.
- Must be familiar with take-offs and pricing self-performed union work; must have experience in lump sum, competitive bid environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, self-directed with strong organizational skills, attention to details, and strong analytical skills in regard to cost/pricing of material, labor and equipment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Computer skills, specifically the Excel and the other Microsoft Suite programs.
- Piping Software familiarity i.e. Accubid / Trimble, Autobid / Quick Pen, Quote Express / Quote Soft, Wendes, etc.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. We seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. We're committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT GRAYCOR SOUTHERN, INC., A GRAYCOR FAMILY COMPANY
Graycor Southern, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Graycor, Inc., is dedicated to building a world class Industrial construction company focused on serving clients in the southeastern United States. Our objective is to serve as the specialty mechanical contractor of choice to leading firms in the power, petroleum refining, chemical processing, metals and paper markets while maintaining the highest quality and safety standards in the industry.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
The Graycor companies provide a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction services, as well as industrial maintenance technologies, across North America. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion. Established in 1921, Graycor employs more than 1,500 construction specialists at the Chicago headquarters, regional offices and project locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
As a diversified leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer