Estimator, Commercial Construction
|Title:||Estimator, Commercial Construction|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Location:||Oakbrook Terrace, IL|
|Job Function:||Estimating and/or Precon|
As a Construction Estimator with Graycor Construction Company, you will use your high level expertise to help secure work with current and new clients, meeting or exceeding our strategic and financial objectives. You will be given the autonomy to lead and deliver contract proposal estimates, post-award purchase orders and subcontracts on a broad range of construction projects, with a high level of detail and analysis.
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Prepare and assemble bid proposals. This includes completing detailed estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and soliciting pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors. You will also review proposal specifications and drawings utilizing the Company Bid Information System (BIS).
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services. Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents for the estimate.
- Research, negotiate and prepare purchase orders and subcontracts for awarded projects, including obtaining the necessary insurance requirements.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with project management personnel.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
- Minimum of two years of relevant construction estimating experience in various general commercial construction markets. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/ distribution and cold storage, and manufacturing.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- Our best Estimators have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact and maintain rapport with subcontractors and vendors, work well in teams, and communicate effectively with operations and business development staff.
- General working proficiency using estimating and takeoff software, such as WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff. Other software experience in Gradebeam, Bluebeam, and Earthworks Pro.and Microsoft programs.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
We're Building Something More.
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications