|Title:||Business Development Manager, Industrial Construction (Western US)|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Job Function:||Business Development|
As a Business Development Manager for Graycor Industrial Constructors, Western Operations, you will lead business development and marketing efforts for the heavy industrial markets (power, process, metals, and gas infrastructure) of the Western U.S., supporting the VP/General Manager in market analysis, targeting clients/projects, identifying and communicating with empowered client contacts, all to achieve overall corporate objectives and appropriate growth results.
Reports to the Vice President and General Manager of Western Operations.
At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Initiate new potential client contacts, organize and tender qualification data to clients, and supplement proposal effort as required, within approved budget goals.
- Organize events and entertain potential clients as well as maintain relationships with present clients in accordance with Graycor’s Code of Business Ethics.
- Provide input and maintain proper utilization of client relationship management system (Sales Force) for communicating client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities.
- Develop strategies to meet market business development goals.
- Assist the vice president/general manager in providing optimum project opportunities which will permit the Western Operations division to realize its growth objectives.
- Work with estimating and operation teams to assess client hot buttons for tactical strategy to secure a win.
- Work through client relationships to influence the format of the bid opportunities to provide optimum approach.
- Perform research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers. Should be familiar with and be able to manage market research applications.
- Assist as needed in the development of major proposals.
- Lead the effort in developing presentations, brochure materials, website updates and historical project information.
- When appropriate, train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations.
- Initiate and maintain an open and timely level of communication with vice president/general manager to maintain corporate management efficiency.
- Identify and lead the effort to participate in strategic conferences/trade shows for the power, process, metals and gas infrastructure industries.
- Communicate effectively with all internal departments such as estimating, safety/quality, IT, operations in order to assist the business development effort.
- Administer Business Development Unit policies, procedures and organizational structure within the boundaries set by Company policy and the management team.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- The ability to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction management, Construction Engineering or relevant discipline preferred but not required.
- 15+ years of combined heavy industrial project management and business development experience with relevant experience in some combination of the power, process, metals, and gas infrastructure industries.
- Must have contacts and well-established relationships with western clients and engineers in the power, process, metals, and/or gas infrastructure markets with the proven ability to develop and cultivate new client relationships.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment as well as all other alternate contracting methods such as partnering and joint ventures.
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform”, unionized labor project environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, sales and strategic planning skills.
- Must have strong writing skills and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Residence in the Western US is preferred
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We're Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer