|Title:||Project Manager - Natural Gas Infrastructure|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
The PM will plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of gas infrastructure projects including transmission pipeline and distribution, to complete this work in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost and in compliance with the client's documents and quality requirements. Reports to the Project Director.
- Organize and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Interface with the client by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents.
- Develop and/or analyze the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Develop the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution. Communicate/coordinate schedule & plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts. Review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with Project Directors guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project managers and staff.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
To Be Successful in this Role, You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or relevant discipline required.
- Five plus years of project management experience in the industrial construction markets of the Natural Gas pipeline transmission market.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, unit price, competitive bid environment.
- A proven ability to deliver Project Gross Margin on project assignments.
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform” project environment and be used to working in a unionized labor environment.
- A strong understanding of risk assessment policies and procedures.
- An ability to communicate with and lead professionals including highly technical individuals; strong interpersonal skills required.
- A deep understanding of and proven success in the management of construction operations.
- Strong conceptual planning abilities and problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills that include the ability to inspire commitment, monitor performance, coach and develop people, negotiate positive outcomes, create a collaborative environment, reduce liability, solve problems and issues.
- Ability to travel to out of town assignments.
- General knowledge of the quality and safety requirements relative to the Natural Gas Market
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer