|Title:||Project Manager - Nuclear|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
Plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of multiple construction projects, to complete this work in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost and in compliance with the client's documents and quality requirements. Reports to the Sr. Vice President, Estimating and Operations.
- Organize and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Interface with the client as his primary contact, by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents.
- Develop and/or analyze the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Develop the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution. Communicate/coordinate schedule & plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts. Review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with Sr. Vice President’s guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project; regularly interface with the QA/QC representative on site as well as the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site superintendents and staff.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Bachelor degree in Construction management, Construction Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 7+ years Project Management experience in the industrial construction markets of the nuclear power generating industry with specific outage-related maintenance and modification experience within an operating nuclear power plant.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment.
- Must be familiar with executing “self-performed” work in a unionized environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with the requirements of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR Part 21, ANSI N45.2, and NQA-1.
- Candidate should have previously had unescorted access at U.S. nuclear facilities, preferably within the past 12 months, and be able to meet all of the requirements for unescorted access in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 100%.
The Graycor Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.