Careers >> Quality Supervisor- Refinery Experience
Quality Supervisor- Refinery Experience
|Title:||Quality Supervisor- Refinery Experience|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Services|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITION:
Graycor Industrial Constructors is currently seeking a Quality Control (QC) Supervisor to support the industrial field operations with the implementation of the Graycor quality program on refinery projects.
- Have a strong understanding to how the fundamentals of a Quality Program work.
- Implement the Quality management system at site; Coordinate quality inspections with all the Owner, subcontractors and vendors including the coordination of nondestructive testing on site.
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Provide oversight to subcontractors regarding quality related items
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the Graycor Industrial Quality Program and the contract documents
- Participate with internal and external audits
- Well versed in all work disciplines as they relate to Quality Inspections (e.g. structural, civil, welding, coatings, etc.)
- Coordinate and/or perform quality site inspections, as applicable
- Ensure all quality inspection documentation is compiled and competed for as-built hand over for turnover
- Have a thorough understanding of what constitutes a nonconformance as well as how to support the disposition and validation efforts.
- Strong welding knowledge
- Review the customers specification and undertake relevant training to the site QC inspectors, as necessary
- Monitor the implementation of the Project Quality Plan
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer
- Coordinate with the site project manager on all quality issues
- Coordinate and chair any QC site meetings with the projects subcontractor’s QC personnel
- Development, communication and implementation of inspection and test plans
- Ensure the safety is adhered to at site;
- A minimum of 7 years of related quality experience in a field refinery/petrochemical industrial setting, preferably with extensive knowledge of multi-disciplined quality efforts (i.e. power boilers, pressure vessel, civil, structural, mechanical)
- Demonstrated knowledge in utilization of ASME and NBIC codes and standards as it applies to the implementation of an existing quality program
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 100% when required
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications