|Title:||Project Director/ Operations Manager, Process Market|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Operations Management|
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Lead and support the operational activities within the process/refinery market. Plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of multiple construction projects to ensure projects are completed in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost and in compliance with the client's quality requirements. Reports to the Vice President/General Manager.
Our Process division specializes in the construction and renovation of complex piping systems necessary for processing oil, gas and chemicals, for clients in everything from petroleum to agribusiness.
At Graycor's, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Model safety leadership and excellence; oversee the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of Company policies.
- Champion commitment to the Company’s quality program and the implementation on project sites.
- Interface with the client as the project sponsor, by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Assist in negotiating project contracts; develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee the development of the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution.
- Develop and coach project managers to recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Mentor project managers to prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Manage the Profit/Loss performance of projects in accordance with established financial objectives/metrics; report monthly on the progress and current profitability of multiple projects.
- Oversee and guide the preparation, quoting and negotiating of contract changes with client; review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Participate in resource planning, recruiting processes, and champions employee development programs; identify and evaluate potential staff to execute projects.
- Maintain open communication with all other support units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Maintain market presence and visibility through membership and participation in various professional and business organizations as well as other appropriate means.
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written) expertise to peers and customers, and facilitates communications across the Company; coaches and mentors others to develop these skills.
- Support strategic business planning and growth strategy in coordination with the senior leadership.
- Provide general business development and marketing support, while ensuring client care and feedback to maintain high quality performance.
- Participate in bidding and pre-construction services, and provide oversight to project execution.
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Bachelor degree in Construction management, Construction Engineering or like field preferred but not required.
- 15+ years of progressive experience as a project manager, construction manager and/or project director in the industrial construction market of the process/refinery industry.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform” environment; must be used to working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated core competency in at least two of the three following construction fundamentals: project execution, competitive bidding capability, and business development.
- Demonstrated leadership, P&L responsibility and strategic planning skills.
- Brings existing client relationships with proven ability to develop future client relationships within the process/refinery market.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer