As Chief Estimator with Early Construction, Inc., a Graycor Family Company,
you will play a crucial role in Early Construction’s overall success by leading your team of Estimators and other staff to win profitable projects with current and new clients, meeting or exceeding strategic and financial objectives. As Chief Estimator, you will “own” the proposal development process from start to finish and will have broad influence leading-up to the initiation of work in the field.
Within the Power market, specific emphasis will be placed on boiler pressure part work, piping, plate work, and backend environmental control equipment at coal/fossil and gas fired plants. The successful candidate will drive for results and operational excellence at all levels; foster a work environment that supports safety leadership, teamwork, and continuous improvement in all elements of the business.
The Chief Estimator will report directly to the President of Early Construction, Inc.
With Early Construction, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Manage, coach and develop the estimating team, overseeing and evaluating the work performance of estimators and project engineers.
- Track status and develop a proposal from the Request for Proposal to the Proposal Submittal.
- Leverage prior experience regarding the performance of back-end environmental estimating involving SCR and FGD systems in order to favorably position the business.
- Conduct boiler pressure part, structural steel, ductwork, piping, and plate work self-perform estimating.
- Create estimates with emphasis on installation of equipment in the power and process markets.
- Evaluate labor productivity and installation schemes.
- Develop critical path schedules.
- Lead the procurement of subcontractors and materials.
- Review contractor programs for compliance with contract documents.
- Perform contractibility reviews, analyze budgets and project costs.
- Provide expertise and experience to problem solving, operational and marketing challenges.
Why Build at Early Construction, Inc.?
- At least 15 years work experience in the industrial construction market involving proposal development or project execution in a merit shop based environment; at least 10 years of work experience in the power market.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or other relevant discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must be familiar with take-offs and pricing self-performed work; must have experience in lump sum, competitive bid environments.
- Must be knowledgeable with multi-craft labor productivity in the Southeast and must have relationships with subcontractors in the heavy industrial market in the southeast.
- Familiarity with working in heavy industrial outage and capital projects. Emphasis on mechanical work is a plus.
- Understand and abide by industry safety and quality standards. Committed to advancing a culture of safety within the organization.
- The passion to win. Our best Chief Estimators are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards. You will hold your team and yourself accountable in maintaining strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work well in teams, provide direction to estimators and engineers, coach and mentor junior estimators, and communicate effectively with operations and business development staff.
- Familiar with WinEst software is a plus; computer skills, specifically the Microsoft Suite programs.
- Familiar with JD Edwards project accounting software is a plus.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. We seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. We're committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT EARLY CONSTRUCTION, A GRAYCOR FAMILY COMPANY
Early Construction Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Graycor, Inc., is dedicated to building a world class Industrial construction company focused on serving clients in the southeastern United States. Our objective is to serve as the specialty mechanical contractor of choice to leading firms in the power, petroleum refining, chemical processing, and metals markets while maintaining the highest quality and safety standards in the industry.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
The Graycor companies provide a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction services, as well as industrial maintenance technologies, across North America. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion. Established in 1921, Graycor employs more than 1,500 construction specialists at the Chicago headquarters, regional offices and project locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
As a diversified leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer