|Title:||Assistant Chief Estimator|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Manage, coordinate, guide and oversee estimating activity to ensure the accurate preparation and submission of competitive and profitable proposals, within prudent corporate parameters.
- In conjunction with the Chief Estimator, Vice President, and Project Executive, and formulate bidding strategy for all major projects.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, utilize the company bid information system (BIS), attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and soliciting pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Assist in reviewing estimates, scope, pricing and assembly of proposals prior to submission.
- Coach estimating staff to ensure consistent execution of estimating processes and best practices.
- Assist the Chief Estimator and division Vice Presidents to plan, staff, coach and supervise estimating activities, including personnel assignments, performance reviews and defining functions, authorities and responsibilities for estimating staff.
- In conjunction with the Chief Estimator and division Vice Presidents, decide which inquiries should be addressed and to what degree of detail.
- Monitor all contract purchasing by Estimating to assure placement of orders within planned buying goals, with qualified subcontractors.
- Assist the Chief Estimator to train entry level and existing operational personnel on estimating systems and protocols; recommend and initiate suitable training and development for estimating staff.
- Assist the Chief Estimator and Vice President to coach the estimating staff to develop an aggressive approach to assembling winning bids.
- Develop and maintain a cost database from actual project costs and bidding experiences to facilitate efficient development of preliminary budgets and to provide a resource for comparison pricing to subcontractor and vendor quotations at bid time.
- Assist in managing the subcontractor prequalification system. Assure that subcontracts are issued only to subcontractors that have been properly vetted.
- Assist in facilitating routine estimating meetings.
- Actively participate in the development of new clients.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant construction estimating experience working in a broad range of general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- Software skills in Primavera Scheduling, Building Connected, Bluebeam, WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff, Earthworks Pro and Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to lead estimates; skilled at directing support team on proposal needs, strategy input.
- Ability to discuss/present proposals; lead the discussion of how pricing was developed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to initiate/maintain subcontractor relationships, build trust quickly.
- Experience with multiple project delivery types such as hard bid, conceptual, design build, negotiated work.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer