|Title:||Director of Operations|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Operations Management|
As Director of Operations with Graycor Construction Company, you will support project teams in the execution of the work and assist General Managers, Construction Managers and Project Executives with execution of our projects. Works with Continuous Improvement Steering Committee (CISC), Safety Committee of Ten (COT), and Business Excellence Manager (BEM) on continuous improvement efforts tied to established operations business processes and best practices.At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and champion of various Safety and continuous improvement Committees.
- In conjunction with Safety Director, ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures for all project personnel within company guidelines including on-going training updates in conjunction with corporate safety department and OSHA requirements.
- In conjunction with Business Excellence Manager (BEM), ensures compliance with quality policies and procedures for all projects within company guidelines.
- Direct and coordinate the project assignments of Project Managers, Superintendents, and Project Engineers in conjunction with the General Managers, Construction Managers and Project Executives. Includes leading bi-weekly staffing calls, maintaining personnel staffing roster/schedule, and identifying/addressing underperforming personnel, teams, and projects.
- In conjunction with HR, leads the recruiting efforts associated with superintendents and project managers and assists in efforts associated with all other positions.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals, including development plans, for all Assistant Superintendents and Superintendents.
- Coordinates the administration and approval of travel bonus incentives between President, General Manager, payroll, and employees.
- In conjunction with internal House Counsel and General Managers, supports efforts to resolve legal and contractual issues with our clients and subcontractors.
- Monitors compliance with Company processes including a) Start-Up, b) Scheduling, c) Submittals/Procurement, d) RFI’s, e) Document Control, f) Cost Management, and g) Close-Out.
- Leads monthly project calls including a review of the Project Risk Assessment Matrix (PRAM), overall project status, executing Company processes, overseeing the general activities of the project teams and advising them in the execution of the work.
- Participates on the following project meetings – a) Project Risk Assessment meeting, b) Project Start-Up meeting, c) Red Zone (close-out) meeting, Lessons Learned meeting, and d) monthly project calls/meetings.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled site visits in conjunction with President, General Managers, Construction Managers and Project Executives.
- Ensures the timely completion of subcontractor awards, execution of subcontracts/purchase orders, permitting, submittals, shop drawings, and procurement of key material and equipment.
- Monitors labor relations between on-site field management and unions. Includes implementation and monitoring of union/non-union relationships on merit shop projects.
- In conjunction with the Business Excellence Manager, conducts periodic process compliance audits on projects to ensure discipline and consistency across all projects and offices in applying Company process best practices/guidelines.
- Oversees and guides the continuous improvements efforts of the process teams for the Graycor Project Management System (GPMS) including training efforts. Acts as liaison between operating company IT process team and corporate IT department.
- Participates in the efforts of the Engineer and Project Manager Mentoring Programs and Committees in conjunction with General Managers and HR Department.
- Maintains the Leadership Pipeline (9-Box Talent Assessment) tool in conjunction with President, General Managers and HR Department
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Minimum of ten (15) years of relevant experience in construction or related field.
- Bachelor degree is required; engineering or construction management degree is required.
- Ability to travel to construction projects as needed.
- Experience working in the hospitality/lodging, logistics/distribution, cold storage, manufacturing, office, retail/entertainment, and Green building industries.
- General knowledge and experience in executing work within a variety of construction delivery methods.
- Thorough understanding of AIA contracts and associated risks.
- Experience with monthly cost reporting systems – JD Edwards AS400 software knowledge is a plus.
- Capable of constructing a Critical Path project schedule that shows a logical critical path, float, and durations with properly scheduled predecessors and successors in an organized work breakdown structure.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) programs required; software skills in Primavera Scheduling strongly preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required; strong presentation skills and the ability to present a proposal with competence and confidence required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills required; collaboration and conflict resolution skills strongly preferred.
- OSHA 30 certified.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.