|Title:||Project Manager, Retail Shopping Centers & Theaters|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Graycor as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Construction Company, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant construction operations experience working in retail construction, specifically on shopping center development projects and/or movie theaters.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel extensively. Our projects are located across the US, so it is crucial that you have the ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer