|Title:||Superintendent - Commercial Construction|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Job Function:||Site Supervision|
You will take charge to ensure that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, complying with the quality program and the initial specifications. As Superintendent, ultimately your job is to guarantee our commitment to building the right way, and by the most cost-effective means, while maintaining or improving the project schedule.
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Implement all safety policies and quality programs, ensuring strong performance on safety audits. Safety is one of our core priorities.
- Manage the activities of subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity. Plan look-ahead schedules and maintain project schedule controls.
- Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Manager. Document on-site activities that may impede progress or compliance to project and contract requirements.
- Assist the Project Manager in reviewing change orders prior to execution, approve miscellaneous purchases, and review subcontract agreements. Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity. Coordinate inventory of all Owner supplied materials.
- Assist in preparation of weekly project status reports, and provide complete daily reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner's representative by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings and by understanding the client’s expectations.
- A minimum of five (5) years of construction experience as a Superintendent experience working in various general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend.
- Capability of maintaining and following a Critical Path project schedule.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to maintain current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications and related items.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Superintendents are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards, striving for zero punch lists.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while adhering to established guidelines, policies, and specifications is crucial.
- General computer skills, willingness to expand use of new technologies for scheduling and reports.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer