|Title:||Sr. Project Manager, Process Market (Western US)|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
Our Western division specializes in the construction and renovation of complex piping systems necessary for processing oil, gas and chemicals. This role will be assigned to projects located throughout the Western US.
At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Organize and execute the project safety program within the guidelines of company policies and oversee team use of all safety tools.
- Manage all communication with client, Graycor project team, craft, unions, subcontractors, vendors and engineers.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents and administer them to the fullest.
- Organize and execute the project quality program and oversee team use of all quality tools.
- Oversee execution subcontracts and purchase orders as well as the execution of contract deliverables.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Develop the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution, including the schedule & plan of subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognize on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with the Vice President/General Manager’s guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and successfully complete work for future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project staff and provide mentorship and coaching to team members.
- Establish a positive team atmosphere.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Oversee and manage advance work packaging development, turnover packages and participation in the TCCC process.
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Bachelor degree in Construction management, Construction Engineering or like field preferred.
- 10+ years Project Management experience in the industrial construction markets of the process industries; emphasis on process equipment and piping installation.
- Must be knowledgeable in general construction.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment.
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform” union environment.
- Must be familiar with outage work and turnarounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, partners, co-workers and direct reports.
- Proactive Planner. Demonstrates a controlled sense of urgency to get things done and uses sound, principled judgment to make tough decisions.
- Able to recognize the need of assistance and will not let pride get in the way of asking for help.
- Respects processes and procedures and able to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Willingness and ability to travel. This role will be based full time on the project site. Projects will be located in the Western US.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer