|Title:||General Superintendent, Power Market (Eastern US)|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Job Function:||Site Supervision|
Graycor's Power division provides construction and industrial maintenance services for coal, fossil-fuel and gas fired power stations, combined cycle and simple cycle power generation, and electrical transmission and distribution.
This is a traveling role and will be assigned to projects located throughout the Midwest and Eastern US.
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Champion safety on the jobsite, leading safety meetings for all on-site labor, ensuring they are properly trained, and monitoring their strict adherence to safety regulations. Safety is one of our core priorities.
- Manage direct labor forces, subcontractors and material vendors, and control the accuracy and quality of their work. Recognize and address any issues that may impede progress.
- Maintain project schedule controls. Assist the Project Manager in reviewing change orders, materials purchases, and subcontract agreements. Control the budget for each work activity.
- Prepare weekly project status reports, including photos, and provide daily reports to the PM.
- Staff competent supervision and manpower on the jobsite to meet project requirements.
- Establish goodwill with the Owner's representative through open communication, understanding their expectations, and attending progress/ scheduling meetings. Interface with the local union officials to resolve any issues that arise.
- The ability to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as Superintendent within the heavy industrial power distribution market, including gas power combined cycle experience.
- Associates degree or some college coursework in construction management or similar discipline is preferred, but not required.
- Basic project controls skills required; Primavera software experience is a plus.
- OSHA 30 safety certification preferred.
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform” labor management environment, specifically with mechanical and piping trades.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Superintendents are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards, striving for zero punch lists.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while adhering to established guidelines, policies, and specifications is crucial.
- The ability to travel extensively (up to 100%) throughout the Eastern US, and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
As a diversified leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com