Field Project Accountant
|Title:||Field Project Accountant|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Project Accounting|
DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITION
Direct and coordinate the project accounting and subcontractor payable functions. Direct and/or perform the proper execution and documentation of contract and financial reporting activities for all business unit projects.
This Position reports to Manager of Field Accounting and will be based in Graycor’s Oakbrook Terrace Office.
- In conjunction with the Business Unit Managers, plan, staff and supervise the project accounting and subcontractor functions. Authorize project accounting personnel assignments, prepare performance reviews, and define functions, authorities and responsibilities for subordinate personnel.
- Oversee customer billings, review customer's contract and related correspondence at award of contract, and verifying that project accountants understand and meet customer billing requirements.
- Review monthly billings for quality and timeliness, pursue late/missed billings with project accountants and project managers, and monitor transmittal of waiver/affidavit packages.
- Supervise subcontractor payables work of project accountants by verifying that Company and customer requirements are conveyed to subcontractors.
- Assist project accountants to obtain approved invoices and change orders from project managers as required; monitor timely and accurate processing of subcontractor invoices, enforce trailing subcontract and lower tier waiver requirements.
- Review subcontractor checks for proper payment based on backup support, previous payment information and Company receipt of payment from customer; ensure that all reimbursable costs are billed by monitoring transaction reports.
- Coordinate audits requested by client.
- Support / interface where necessary on business unit legal issues.
- Assist general managers and project managers in the project administration of the operating unit when necessary. Assist in training and advising project managers in monthly profit projections.
- Assist the Business Unit Managers and general managers with:
- Monthly profit projections,
- Completion of contract status (CPL) plan results,
- Tracking G&A budget ‘vs.’ actual,
- Development of annual operating budgets, and
- Periodic awards, revenue, contribution to overhead (CTO) projections.
- Provide software integration support.
- Facilitate the computer training and proper usage of computer system by all business unit personnel.
- Challenge all business unit general and administrative expenses for improved efficiencies on a continuous basis. Report suggested improvements and recommended actions to the Business Unit Manager.
- Minimum of four years of previous experience and demonstrated ability to perform all responsibilities detailed above.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration or extended course work in finance, accounting, business management or other relevant discipline required.
- Willingness to accept a short-term out-of-town project assignment for six to twelve months; additional overnight travel to remote project sites when required.
- Previous union payroll processing experience required.
- Previous experience working in an industrial construction environment strongly preferred; construction project accounting experience required.
- Previous experience with JD Edwards, Crystal Report Writer, Great Plains, iCIMS, or Timberline software is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Successful candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to solve new or unfamiliar problems, exercising leadership in changing situations, taking charge in unsupervised situations, overcoming opposition to unpopular decisions, and trouble-shooting problems independently;
- Delegating authority to subordinates, encouraging the growth and development of subordinates, overcoming objections or hostility diplomatically;
- Checking the details of work for accuracy, meeting scheduled deadlines, collecting and analyzing data, closely checking the correctness of work done by self or others.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications