|Title:||Business Analyst - Design/Marketing Focus|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Services|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
As an Analyst at Graycor, you'll support the organization on a variety of projects key to the success of the business. Analysts will be exposed to a variety of business situations and challenged to draw from a range of skills to meet the needs of their varying assignments. Analysts will work with both construction professionals and senior members of Graycor’s leadership team on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
Assignments can be short in duration and well defined, or they can be longer in duration and require significant investigation and planning prior to implementation. Similarly, Analysts may work as part of a large cross functional team on certain projects, and they may also work independently or one-on-one with senior managers.
Ideal candidates for the program bring a broad background and enthusiasm for applying their skills to a broad range of business challenges. We expect Analysts to take on challenges which will stretch them beyond their traditional areas of knowledge and experience and have a significant impact on the development of the Graycor Companies.
Typical Projects and Assignments
Examples of project assignments include:
- Utilizing architectural design software to support proposals, integrated projects delivery, and other consulting efforts.
- Performing research to generate various case studies/white papers on a variety of engineering and construction management topics [sustainability, LEED certification, building information modeling (BIM) implementation, etc.]
- Assessing and analyzing various business processes and work flows; make recommendations to improve business process and efficiency through technology and/or best practices.
- Performing research and analysis to support business planning initiatives and key business decisions.
- Supporting various marketing and public relations needs including conducting market research, and writing articles for internal and external publication.
- Supporting the development and implementation of other technologies and workflows to support our business processes.
- Ensuring the quality of office appearance (i.e. photographs, signs, communication boards).
- Maintaining internal and external company web sites in concert with outside development company and operating company coordinators.
- Manage professional photo shoots, videography, etc.
- Work with outside agencies to create advertising, brochures, direct mail pieces, displays, email blasts, and other collateral.
- Researching new business opportunities and test marketing new client services.
Analysts will also receive ongoing coaching and mentoring, specialized training and professional skills development opportunities, exposure and interaction with Graycor senior leadership and management.
To Be Successful in this Position, You Will Need:
- An undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering or other relevant discipline required.
- One to three years of post-undergraduate work experience relevant to the activities listed above; previous work experience in the construction, architectural, and/or engineering field preferred.
- Previous experience with Autodesk software preferred; experience with Revit, 3ds Max 2012, Sketchup, Navisworks, Synchro or other architectural software also preferred.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and employee communications; demonstrated ability to write precisely, effectively, and persuasively.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, CRM Software, Illustrator).
- Experience developing both electronic and print advertisement along with a proven track record of effective placement of those advertisements.
- Experience with developing internal (memos, newsletters, etc.) and external communication, including AP style.
- A strong sense of urgency and a positive, proactive desire to support a broad range of initiatives and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills with an analytical, metrics-driven approach to solutions.
- Very strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, internal and external customers, suppliers, and executives.
Why Choose Graycor?
At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential, and we spare no effort at helping them be their best. Construction is rooted in challenge and the landscape is always changing. We offer a place where you can be a part of effecting that change. You’ll join a team of extremely talented team players that are driven to improve the world around them.
As a family-owned company, we also believe there’s no substitute for having fun. Our Company sponsored events include wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch & learns, and other social events which allow Graycor professionals at all levels to get to know one another and share valuable experiences.
What We Offer
Graycor is a place where you can put your creative thinking and business skills into high gear and work side by side with other highly intelligent and motivated people. We offer an environment where you can apply your skills to some of the industry’s most challenging and interesting projects. Graycor is a place that values integrity, health and safety, hard work, initiative, partnership and, most importantly, our people and their families. It’s what makes Graycor a great place to work and grow your career.
Graycor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.