|Title:||Construction Project Manager|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Location:||Phoenix, AZ (Tempe)|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
FLSA status: Salaried, exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of one or more construction projects, to complete this work in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost and in compliance with the client's documents and quality requirements.
- Organize and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate weekly project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Interface with the client as his primary contact, by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Develop and/or analyze the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Recognize activities which may impede project progress, safety, quality, profit or jeopardize compliance with project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Accurately forecast project billings, costs and CTO with-in the Graycor accounting system in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
- Buyout subcontracts and purchase orders in accordance with GCC policies. Write clear, concise and detailed work scope for each subcontract and purchase order. Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with Construction Manager guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project engineer, field superintendents, office manager and clerk.
- Actively participates with mentoring and training of Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to enable these employees to master skills necessary to succeed in their current positions and to develop other skills that lead to advancement.
- Serve as a company-wide Champion for initiatives or specific skill sets.
- Complete close out requirements for projects and collect final payment in a timely manner.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Actively participates in GCC committees and embraces new policies and initiatives (Safety, Quality, Lean Construction, Zero Punch Lists, CCN Log)
- Maintain and update on a weekly basis project exceptions report.
- Make decisions in connection with negotiations where the individual is given reasonable latitude in carrying on those discussions, which is binding on the employer.
- Formulate recommendations for management’s consideration and possible implementation.
- Participates in the formulation of policy for the business unit.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in construction or related field.
- Bachelor degree is required; engineering or construction management degree is preferred.
- Ability to travel to construction projects as needed.
- Experience working in the Corporate, Cultural/educational, Healthcare, Living/lodging, Logistics/distribution, Manufacturing, Retail, Hotels, Theaters and Green building industries.
- Capable of constructing a Critical Path project schedule that shows a logical critical path, float, and durations with properly scheduled predecessors and successors in an organized work breakdown structure.
- Software skills in Primavera Scheduling and Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required; strong presentation skills and the ability to present a proposal with competence and confidence required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Shows willingness to expand use of new technologies (G-Net, Daily Reports, Scheduling, Drop box, etc.)
- Has satisfactorily completed all required training