As a Business Development Manager for Graycor Industrial Constructors, you will lead business development, sales and marketing efforts for our Process Market primarily in the Midwestern US, developing relationships with empowered client contacts to achieve overall corporate growth objectives. You will partner with the VP/General Manager in market analysis to target appropriate clients and projects.
Our Process division specializes in the construction and renovation of complex piping systems necessary for processing oil, gas and chemicals, for clients in everything from petroleum to agribusiness.
This role can be remotely/ home-based with 50% travel required, primarily throughout the Midwestern US.
At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Build client relationships. You will initiate new potential client contacts and develop and maintain relationships with existing clients. This may also include organizing events and entertaining clients in accordance with Graycor’s Code of Business Ethics.
- Strategically drive growth objectives. Perform market research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers. Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet power market business development goals.
- Deliver exceptional presentations and proposals to clients to win business. Assist the development of major proposals and train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations. Organize and tender qualification data to clients. Lead the effort in developing presentation materials.
- Works with estimating and operations teams to assess resource quality and assemble project teams.
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Partner effectively with senior leadership and all internal departments such as estimating, operations, marketing, safety/quality, and IT in order to assist the business development effort.
- Maintain client reporting system (CRM) for communicating client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities.
- Represent Graycor at trade shows. Identify and lead Graycor's participation in strategic trade shows for networking purposes and to increase our presence and visibility within the power industry.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
- The desire to win. Our best Business Development Managers have the drive to succeed by winning over new clients and projects to grow our business.
- 15+ years of prior combined project management and business development experience in the industrial construction markets for the process industry, and must be familiar with “self-perform” projects and union labor work environments.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related discipline required.
- Must have contacts and well-established relationships with clients and engineers in the power market with the proven ability to develop and cultivate new client relationships.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment as well as all other alternate contracting methods such as partnering and joint ventures
- Must be familiar with the function and operation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Should be familiar with and be able to manage market research applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, sales and strategic planning skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The ability to travel throughout the Midwestern US as required.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
We’re Building Something More.
As a diversified leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer