As a Project Engineer at Graycor Construction Company, you will enroll in our Engineering Mentoring Program designed to expose you with the critical hands-on experience necessary to build your successful career in construction. You will receive ongoing, specialized one-on-one training, coaching and mentoring on a variety of challenging and interesting commercial project assignments, and a full rotation between departments. You will be actively involved in your career development, making self-assessments of your progress against established core competencies.
Engineers will typically spend 24 months in the Engineer Mentoring Program before advancing to a new position with Graycor.
At Graycor, You Will Gain Experience in the Following Areas:
Project Management/ Project Controls:
Estimating/ Preconstruction Services:
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the efficient control and management of the project, while ensuring safety and quality programs are being executed on the project site.
- Develop and maintain the critical path project schedule, including ongoing revisions. Assist the Project Manager and/or Superintendent in the preparation of short-term look-ahead schedules and the application of Lean Construction techniques.
- Maintain project documentation and expedite to the Owner, Architect, and Engineers for approval. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner's contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and materials, and track and expedite their delivery.
- Track and evaluate subcontractor and vendor performance. Interact with subcontractors and vendors regarding technical and contractual matters.
To Be Successful in the Graycor Engineering Mentoring Program, You will Need:
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations to obtain project work. Assist the Project Manager and/or Estimator in bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and award.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our partners.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or other relevant technical discipline.
- 1-3 years of relevant construction internship or post-undergraduate experience.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend. Travel subsistence pay and travel incentive bonuses may apply.
- Ambition to grow professionally and acquire new knowledge and skills. Our most successful Engineers are motivated to succeed and are passionate about construction across a variety of projects. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with managers, co-workers, subcontractors, and construction craft employees.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Additional basic knowledge of scheduling, estimating and takeoff software is a plus. We use Primavera P6, WinEst and On-Screen Takeoff.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
We're Building Something More.
As a diversified leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer