As a Safety Engineer with Graycor Industrial Constructors, you will assist and guide the project management team in the conduct of assigned field operations, to assure a healthful and safe work environment on the jobsite, with a goal of accident-free execution.
In this position, you will have the responsibility of:
- Coordinate safety activities with the Project Manager and/or Project Superintendent to assure effective implementation of the safety program in effect for the project(s);
- Implement the project safety program as appropriate;
- Inspect the workplace for compliance to safety standards, procedures and specifications;
- Control safety equipment;
- Perform safety equipment calibrations;
- Log and/or record data;
- Evaluate analytical data and prepare analytical reports for supervision/management;
- Collect incident and accident data, and participate in investigations;
- Analyses incident data and prepare trend reports for quality improvement;
- Prepare daily/weekly reports;
- Ensure documentation is compiled and completed for turnover;
- Perform site specific program tasks;
- Prepare and conduct safety orientation and training;
- Obtaining proper first aid and necessary subsequent medical attention for any injured employee;
- Establish and maintain safety and related documentation in support of the implemented program;
- Coordinate safety activities with Owner's safety representative. Accompany and assist all insurance and OSHA inspectors on job inspection tours;
- Monitor subcontractor safety on multi-employer projects when part of the project safety program;
- Maintain close coordination and communication with the Director, Safety;
- Prepare reports, safety documents, procedures and tests as directed by the Director, Safety, and;
- May work solely on small projects under the direction of project supervision and perform other duties, as assigned.
In order to be successful in this position, you will need:
- Associate’s degree in Safety Engineering or a related field, or;
- Minimum of three years of safety engineering or related experience;
- Be willing to travel or relocate to the project site for the duration of the project which typical range between 18 and 24 months.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel); strong report writing skills required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to facilitate training sessions or meetings with a large group of craft and staff employees.