|Title:||Business Analyst, Private Equity and Venture|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Services|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Downtown)|
The Analyst will play a key role within Gray Capital, an investment fund with interests in real estate, private equity, and venture. You will report to the Managing Partner of Gray Capital to support the organization on a variety of projects key to the success of the business. In this role, you will be responsible for screening, due diligence, financial modeling, and valuation.
The Analyst’s time will be divided between working with the Managing Partner of Gray Capital to identify, vet, lead and manage the investments of the fund outside of Graycor and helping Graycor management develop and formalize investment opportunities within Graycor.
Assignments can be short in duration and well defined, or they can be longer in duration and require significant investigation and planning prior to implementation. Similarly, Analysts may work as part of a cross functional team on certain projects, and they may also work independently or one-on-one with senior managers.
Typical Projects and Assignments
Examples of project assignments include:
- Working directly with the managing partner in vetting/tracking potential acquisition candidates and strategic investments candidates.
- Conducting industry, market and company-specific research.
- Performing financial analysis, valuation and financial modeling of companies and transactions.
- Building relationships and maintaining contact with established and prospective clients and professional advisors.
- Researching and writing articles for publication in the company and industry journals.
- Researching various business initiatives based on strategic business planning sessions and developing case studies/white papers for senior leadership review and consideration.
- Traveling between the downtown office and the local Oakbrook office as well as regular short trips to our remote offices/projects across the country as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Position, You Will Need:
- An undergraduate degree with a high GPA from a selective four-year university with a transcript offering evidence of strong performance in both quantitative and verbal areas of study.
- Three to six years of post-undergraduate work experience relevant to the activities listed above; previous work experience in finance/investment banking/private equity required.
- Any diligence experience specifically with discounted cash flow analysis and some corporate transaction experience preferred.
- Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and white papers demonstrated ability to write precisely, effectively, and persuasively. Ability to speak and write clearly.
- To be poised, pleasant, polished, and professional, and unintimidated if asked to visit a steel mill or reach out for a meeting with a senior level executive.
- A can do/proactive attitude.
- Ability to travel as needed and able to work between downtown and Oakbrook offices and potentially other offices/projects across the country.
- Maturity and integrity – this person will see and hear many things that are confidential. Must be mature enough to be trusted with that information.
- Ability to work with someone who is “always on.” This person needs to be excited enough about the exposure and opportunities this role affords.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM Software, etc.)
- A strong sense of urgency and a positive, proactive desire to support a broad range of initiatives and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills with an analytical, metrics-driven approach to solutions.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, internal and external customers, suppliers, and executives.