|Title:||Sr. Project Manager - Retail/ Shopping Malls|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
AS A SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Execute safety compliance and quality programs. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Graycor as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of all project site-based staff. This typically includes a Project Manager, Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Construction Company, actively participating in committees, assist in formulation of new policies, and serve as a company-wide Champion for new initiatives related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
TO BE A SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant construction operations experience working in retail construction, specifically on shopping mall development projects.
- Experience serving Retail Real Estate Development clients.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Sr. Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.
WHY JOIN OUR GROWING, DYNAMIC TEAM?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our partners.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer