|Title:||Project Engineer, AK Steel Middletown|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
As a Project Engineer at Graycor, you will enroll in our Engineering Mentoring Program designed to expose you with the critical hands-on experience necessary to build your successful career in construction. You will receive ongoing, specialized one-on-one training, coaching and mentoring on a variety of challenging and interesting project assignments, and a full rotation between departments. You will be actively involved in your career development, making self-assessments of your progress against established core competencies.
Engineers will typically spend 24 months in the Engineer Mentoring Program before advancing to a new position with Graycor.
AS A PROJECT ENGINEER, YOU WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Project Management/ Project Controls:
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the efficient control and management of the project, while ensuring safety and quality programs are being executed on the project site.
- Develop and maintain the critical path project schedule, including ongoing revisions. Assist the Project Manager and/or Superintendent in the preparation of short-term look-ahead schedules and the application of Lean Construction techniques.
- Maintain project documentation and expedite to the Owner, Architect, and Engineers for approval. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and materials, and track and expedite their delivery.
- Track and evaluate subcontractor and vendor performance. Interact with subcontractors and vendors regarding technical and contractual matters.
Estimating/ Preconstruction Services:
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations to obtain project work. Assist the Project Manager and/or Estimator in bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and award.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE GRAYCOR ENGINEERING MENTORING PROGRAM, YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or other relevant technical discipline.
- 1-3 years of relevant construction internship or post-undergraduate experience.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend. Travel subsistence pay and travel incentive bonuses may apply.
- Ambition to grow professionally and acquire new knowledge and skills. Our most successful Engineers are motivated to succeed and are passionate about construction across a variety of projects. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with managers, co-workers, subcontractors, and construction craft employees.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Additional basic knowledge of scheduling, estimating and takeoff software is a plus. We use Primavera P6, WinEst and On-Screen Takeoff.