|Title:||Piping Estimator, Industrial Construction|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
You will be given the autonomy to lead and develop contract proposal estimates of the piping work scope, driving successful results with a high level of detail and technical analysis. This includes analyzing P&IDs, drawings, specifications, proposals, subcontractor and commodity solicitation and prepare a complete mechanical piping installation estimates for coal/fossil and gas fired generation, refineries and chemical plants.
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Have broad influence leading-up to the initiation of work in the field– from development of scope and plans for pricing of conceptual or quantity based estimates, material and subcontractor solicitation, evaluation and selection, and collection and review of cost history information.
- Manage the calculation of project quantities using On-Screen and manual take-off tools, perform material take-offs, conduct piping estimating focusing on shop fabrication, pipe erection, equipment setting, and instrumentation. Develop complete material and labor estimates.
- Leverage your prior experience in self-performed work to evaluate labor productivities and installation schemes. Investigate union labor availability and productivity in various markets and regions.
- Develop the proposal submittal criteria list, evaluate Request for Proposal requirements and work with estimate team to prepare and submit required documents.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings with clients and site walk-throughs with subcontractors.
- Support final proposal assembly and proposal review process with Client to Award.
- Perform constructability reviews, analyze budgets and project costs.
- Mentor and direct the work of Estimators and Jr. Estimators, depending on project scope.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of experience estimating process piping self-perform estimating within the power and/or process market, with specific emphasis in coal/fossil and gas fired plants, refineries and chemical plants. Experience in heavy mechanical caapital projects, outages, and/or turnaround environments, or Central Plant in a union environment is preferred.
- The ability to perform take-offs and price self-performed union work, with experience in lump sum, competitive bid environments.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Our best Estimators have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact and maintain rapport with subcontractors and vendors, work well in teams, and communicate effectively with operations, business development, and highly technical professionals.
- Understand and abide by industry safety and quality standards; with commitment to advancing our culture of safety.
- Piping software familiarity (e.g., Accubid/ Trimble, Autobid/ Quick Pen, Quote Express/ Quote soft, Wendes, etc).
- General computer skills, specifically the Microsoft Suite programs. Proficiency using estimating software is a plus. We use WinEst.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
As a diversified leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer