|Title:||Sr. Estimator, Commercial Construction|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Construction Company|
At Graycor, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Prepare detailed estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, DD, CD, etc.) This includes determining labor, material and equipment costs for multiple disciplines. Calculate complete takeoff of scope of work and solicit pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Actively perform pre-construction services with Clients, Owners and Engineers. Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents for the estimate. Lead and manage multiple bid teams/ proposals at a time. You will also review proposal specifications and drawings utilizing the Company Bid Information System (BIS), as well as all other pertinent information to be submitted with the proposal.
- Research, negotiate and prepare purchase orders and subcontracts for awarded projects, including obtaining the necessary insurance requirements. Prepare internal job setup documentation.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with project management personnel.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant construction estimating experience in various general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- A Bachelor Degree is highly preferred, but not required. Degree in construction management, engineering or a related field is ideal, but we are willing to consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be confident leading estimates of varying sizes and delivery methods (competitive bid, conceptual, design-build, and negotiated). Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles. General familiarity of unit pricing for scope of work.
- Our best Sr. Estimators have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact and maintain rapport with subcontractors and vendors, work well in teams, and communicate effectively with operations and business development staff. Must be able to confidently present proposals and lead pricing discussions.
- General working proficiency using estimating and takeoff software, such as WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff, and Microsoft programs.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer