|Title:||Project Manager, Industrial Power & Process Markets|
|Graycor Company:||Graycor Industrial Constructors|
|Location:||Chicago, IL (Oakbrook Terrace)|
|Job Function:||Project Management|
This role can be based either out of our HQ office in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, or remotely.
Our Power division provides construction and industrial maintenance services for coal, fossil-fuel and gas fired power stations, combined cycle and simple cycle power generation, and electrical transmission and distribution.
Our Process division specializes in the construction and renovation of complex piping systems necessary for processing oil, gas and chemicals, for clients in everything from petroleum to agribusiness.
With Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Graycor as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, engineers, subcontractors, and local union officials.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes Project Engineers, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Industrial Constructors, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, and Lean Construction.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant heavy industrial construction operations experience within the power and/or process industries, including fossil-fuel power stations, combined cycle and simple cycle power generation, and electrical transmission and distribution; or oil and gas, liquid natural gas, petrochemical or other chemical processing industries..
- A bachelor degree is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to travel extensively throughout the eastern half of the US. Entails travel to out-of-town project assignments for up to 18-24 months, with travel home every-other weekend.
- Strong leadership skills with the desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards with the ability to inspire commitment, monitor performance, coach and develop people, negotiate positive outcomes, create a collaborative environment, reduce liability, solve problems and issues.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence. Ability to communicate with highly technical individuals.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Must be familiar with a “self-perform” project environment and be used to working in a unionized labor environment.
- Must be familiar with lump sum, competitive bid environment.
Why Build with Graycor's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer